阿Kin的blog

Thursday, November 16, 2006

After struggling for quite a long time, I decide to write the comparison of “west area” and “east area” of Taipei. Since I live in Taipei for a long time, I’d show my readers how “west area” does differs from “east area”. Besides, most of us tend to think that east area is most flourishing place, where is the most suitable place to live as well, of Taipei; however, I’d like my readers to rethink whether it’s true after reading my comparison (I think it’s more like contrast). To me, west area, where I live in, is relatively homelike than east area when it comes to friendliness. I’ll elaborate my point by three subpoints— the development of these two places, different shopping systems, and different life style. I’ll use some data I collected from the internet and my personal experiences as well to compose this essay. Anyway, I hope this essay may offer my readers some different angle to view west area.
Here are two references I found on the internet, and unfortunately, I can’t find the English version of “the east area of Taipei.”
‧ The summary of “Wanhua”: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wanhua
Wanhua, the oldest district of Taipei, is called Bangka once in the past. Wanhua has many ancient buildings such as Longshan Temple, which is the first class historical spot, and Red Playhouse, which is the first and also largest theater in Taiwan. The district was one of the most flourishing places in the old time; however, it is decaying. Though Wanhua is not as flourish as it used to be, it still remains some famous tourist spots. Huaxi (Huahsi) Street Tourist Night Marke, for instance, is famous for its sea food. When it comes to shopping, Ximending is the most representative place of Wanhua. Besides, there’s a unique type of people that you can find only in Wanhua—guài shùshu or guài yéyé. At the end of the article, it tells us the origin of Wanhua, which is derived from Japanese,

‧ The summary of “the east area of Taipei”:
http://zh.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=%E5%8F%B0%E5%8C%97%E6%9D%B1%E5%8D%80&variant=zh-tw
The “east area” of Taipei refers to the main commercial center. This area is one of the most flourishing parts of Taiwan because of various shopping malls, the Taipei World Trade Center, and also the Taipei 101. Though the east area is fascinated nowadays, it is not always the same. This area used to be a waste during Ching Dynasty and Japanese Occupation. It wasn’t developed until 1960, when 忠孝east road and the MRT started to build up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home